Day 12 Lent 2016

Remember

from the Lent 2016 reading plan

Matthew 4:4

BY He Reads Truth

Memorizing scripture is a way to carry God’s Word with you wherever you go, keeping God-breathed instruction, reproof, and truth in your heart and mind each day. This week, we’re memorizing Matthew 4:4.

But He answered, “It is written:
Man must not live on bread alone
but on every word that comes
from the mouth of God.”
Matthew 4:4

Write this verse down, keep it in your wallet, post it on your mirror or at your desk — anywhere you will see it often. Save the image below as a lock screen on your phone so you can read the verse throughout the day.

20 thoughts on "Remember"

1. Daniel says:

In the dramatic truth that we cannot live without God, we can fully rest in the truth that He has embraced us.

2. Daniel says:

It is in our nature to rely on other things and fulfillments besides God; those things may satisfy for a time, but we cannot truly live on those things. Only God can truly fulfill and sustain us.

3. Daniel says:

I will lay the things before God that have cast Him out in my life; distractions and other idols that I have allowed to replace my true sustenance in Christ.

4. Daniel says:

Only God can fulfill the longing in our hearts.

5. Daniel says:

Lord, let it only be you. Only you. Amen.

6. Bryce says:

We are dependent on God in all ways, especially spiritually.

7. Bryce says:

I will respond today by remembering that no matter what I have going on, I’m provided for spiritually by the Lord.

8. Bryce says:

It teaches me that belief in the gospel causes me to see that my deepest need isn’t something in this physical life but rather it’s my spiritual need for forgiveness from sin. And since Jesus bought that for me, I can be free from slavery to the needs of this world.

9. Bryce says:

We are tempted to believe that we alone provide for ourselves or that what we need in this world is all that we need. We see only what is directly in front of us.

10. Patrick Shen says:

He is my supply. The world is about providing practical needs, while God is about supplying the more important spiritual needs.

11. Patrick Shen says:

I will remember this verse as I go on my fast. As an encouragement to press into my physical manifestation of my “need” represents my spiritual need.

12. Patrick Shen says:

Even Jesus experienced the same choice we did, he combated temptation with scriptural context.

13. Patrick Shen says:

We are needy beings. We always have a choice of how to respond to temptation.

14. Patrick Shen says:

Lord I live on your every word. Your presence is sustaining. Your purposes are renewing. You are whom I seek.

15. Isaac Jones says:

God gave man the Word and the Word died for our sins. The Word revealed God and right worship to us, then the Word died in our place. The Word took our death and gave us life by which we might live. Through God’s Word, we live.

16. Isaac Jones says:

God and His word sustains.

17. Isaac Jones says:

Man needs the word of God.

18. Isaac Jones says:

Memorize Matthew 4:4 to “write scripture on my heart”. So I can meditate on the truths of God wherever I go.

19. Isaac Jones says:

Heavenly Father, forgive me for my sin and for seeking death. Lord lead me to truth and may I write your words on my heart. Help me to memorize scripture so that I may have the sustaining truth. Thank you for leading me to life; amen.

20. Like!! Really appreciate you sharing this blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.