Day 5 Lent 2016

Remember

from the Lent 2016 reading plan

Acts 3:19

BY Guest Writer

Memorizing scripture is a way to carry God’s Word with you wherever you go, keeping God-breathed instruction, reproof, and truth in your heart and mind each day. This week, we’re memorizing Acts 3:19.

Therefore repent and turn back, so that your sins may be wiped out, that seasons of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord…
-Acts 3:19 HCSB

Write this verse down, keep it in your wallet, post it on your mirror or at your desk — anywhere you will see it often. Save the image below as a lock screen on your phone so you can read the verse throughout the day.

12 thoughts on "Remember"

1. Steele Fredricksen says:

Man will often times act self-sufficient, as though we can take care of our own sins, or like we don’t need God to wipe us clean.

2. Steele Fredricksen says:

God has been, is, and will always be there to take our sins. We need Him to wipe away all our sins.

3. Steele Fredricksen says:

The Gospel stretches out to all who accept it as good news. Others need to know that God has died FOR THEM. They need to feel his presence, and know there isn’t any other way to be washed clean.

4. Steele Fredricksen says:

I will respond by coming to God with my sin. I will ask Him to wipe it clean, confessing what I’ve done. I will confess that I need Him and only Him.

5. Steele Fredricksen says:

I pray that God will eliminate any thought I have that I don’t need Him. I pray that He will take away the guilt and shame of my sins that I currently hold onto. I pray that I can keep him on the forefront of my mind, never thinking I can handle this on my own, and knowing where I NEED to go to be washed clean.

6. Isaac Jones says:

He commands repentance.

7. Isaac Jones says:

We should repent to God.

8. Isaac Jones says:

I will seek to repent of sins I am hiding in my heart.

9. Isaac Jones says:

Heavenly Father,
    Reveal my heart to me. Show me the sins that I try to hide from you and from others. Blot out these sins from your sight through my acknowledgement and repentance of them. May I follow after you in faithfulness, obedience, and sacrifice all the days of my life, especially today as long as it is still called “today”; Amen.

10. Isaac Jones says:

The gospel is effective in light of repentance.

11. Like!! Really appreciate you sharing this blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.

12. suba suba says:

i3dOem Just to let you know your web page looks a little bit unusual in Safari on my notebook with Linux.