The Fourth Sunday of Advent

from the Advent 2015: Born Is The King reading plan

Isaiah 9:6-7

Colossians 3:16 says, “Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.”

Over the course of Advent, we are memorizing Isaiah 9:6-7 in four parts, so that we might sing with gratitude in our hearts to our Savior King. This week we are focusing on memorizing the second part of verse 7:

He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.
– Isaiah 9:7b NIV

Save the lock screen below to your phone as a reminder throughout the week, praising the Lord Almighty for His justice and righteousness

10 thoughts on "The Fourth Sunday of Advent"

1. Howard K says:

Helps us understand how and what and why Jesus died on the cross and how He reigns on the throne for us. He is our Savior.

2. Howard K says:

We need to humble ourselves more because what Jesus did for us shows us what real love is all about.

3. Howard K says:

To be still with my thoughts and try to humble myself every moment I have to be more like Jesus and less like a selfish man that I am.

4. Howard K says:

We are blessed by God and should be thankful that he gave up his only begotten Son for us. God’s love for us words will never be able to describe.

5. Howard K says:

Lord Jesus I thank you for laying your life down for us and ask you to fill me with the Holy Spirit so I can be more like you and less like me. Lord let me live by your Will and not by my will for your Will is the the righteous way of life.

6. Jeffrey Messenger says:

Longing and excited for the day where we will meet with Him in the air to be with Him forevermore.

7. Jeffrey Messenger says:

Man needs a government and a ruler forever.

8. Jeffrey Messenger says:

The Lord is zealous, and through His zeal will He accomplish establishing His kingdom forevermore.

9. Jeffrey Messenger says:

Our perfect ruler is Jesus through His sacrifice, and it is His kingdom of which we will have peace that will never end.

10. Jeffrey Messenger says:

Lord, I am excited for when You come to us. Teach me to, out of the gratitude of my heart for that day, share who You are with an urgency and a burden in my heart to others through my words, actions, and my serving so that You are made more glorious.